Top 5 Gaming Snacks
Let’s be real here. Gaming is an endurance sport. A true gamer spends hours playing, whether its a video game or board game.
Such dedication to the gaming arts requires stamina, and in order to maintain healthy energy levels, one must feed. But what to eat? Pizza and sandwiches are messy, time-consuming, and difficult to eat when your hands are otherwise occupied with controllers, playing cards, and game pieces.
Here then, are the five best snacks to nosh on while gaming:
1. Licorice. The best thing to do is get one of those giant tubs of Red Vines. They are easy to grab and eat, and they don’t make a mess—they aren’t sticky or crumbly, so they are the perfect go to treat when you need a sugar rush to keep you on high alert. Do not ever go for black licorice, because that is just gross.
2. Peanuts. Protein is essential to maintaining proper stamina when those intense battle scenes erupt. However, the worst thing you can do is try to shell your own peanuts. It takes too much concentration and work, which distracts you from the game. It’s also a huge mess. That’s one reason why we shun pistachios as well. Instead, get nuts that are pre-shelled. We like the honey roasted variety. However, you can also go for Peanut M&Ms, which are convenient and tasty.
3. Crackers. So here’s the thing: chips are great, but they are so messy, and they leave a disgusting greasy film on your fingertips. That’s a cardinal sin in gaming circles. Crackers are much more manageable, as they are baked and easier to pop into your mouth whole (most small varieties anyway). You can choose whichever kind of crack you want, but we like the baked crackers from Melaleuca. There are two varieties of Melaleuca crackers: multi-grain and seven-cheese.
4. Beef jerky. Again, you need protein to keep up the high energy needed for serious battles, and jerky is so damn tasty. It’s a bit expensive, but for special gaming events it can be a great treat. so go ahead and splurge.
5. Bottled water. No, this isn’t a food; but you have to stay hydrated to be at your best.